Creates, directs and produces highly regarded shows and programs in one or more radio stations.
• Is responsible for all aspects for the show production from beginning to end.
• Protects the iHeartMedia brand.
• Manages budgets and ensures the efficient use of resources.
• Helps develop and implement strategic plans, goals and vision to help the show/program remain competitive and project the intended brand image.
• Creates and introduces new concepts and ideas, provides/solicits content and audience research, identifies suitable ideas from others, carries out thorough research and disseminates which archive and audio resources can be used.
• Pursues information, overcomes obstacles and pitches ideas to senior colleagues.
• Oversees the hiring, scheduling and managing of contributors and/or guests.
• Develops/produces content, writes scripts, plans and sets the show schedule, and directs on-air talent in conjunction with the show outline/time-line.
• Manages and directs show logistics, participates in cost/benefit decisions and directs final editing.
• Holds pre-production briefings for on-air talent, presenters, reporters, guests and technical staff.
• Manages logistics of getting people, resources and equipment together to the right place at the right time.
• Responds to listeners’ comments or complaints.
• May work on location producing outside broadcasts.
• Ability to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences; has comprehensive knowledge of subjects relevant to specific radio genres
• Understanding of the radio market, different station/program styles, audience demographics
• Excellent writing and storytelling skills; ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms
• Proven track record of motivating, coaching and leading a team
• Full knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations around radio production; knows when it is necessary, and how to acquire, relevant clearances and licenses, including copyright and music clearances
• Understanding of the requirements of relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
• Excellent IT skills, including data handling, audio editing and image manipulation software
• Ability to build rapport and draw information from people
• Confidence and tenacity when dealing with difficult decisions and/or issues
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, and to react quickly to changes
• Excellent planning and organizing skills
• Excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy and patience
• 5 years’ experience as Radio Producer
• 4-year college degree preferred
• Postgraduate studies in Radio Production a plus
• None required
Seattle, WA: 645 Elliott Avenue West, Suite 400, 98119
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at **** to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at **** to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
**** at ****