NBC Universal, Inc.
• Provide daily technical support for a 24x7x365 broadcast facility, including the maintenance and repair of television transmitter equipment (RF, TV, Microwave, Fiber, Satellite, etc.), receivers, field and studio cameras, production switchers, graphics systems, audio equipment, A/V routers, intercoms, studio monitors and wiring.
• Contribute to the overall compliance status of a broadcast television station with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and other government agencies by maintaining all required logs and reporting incidents or providing required status updates.
• Directly perform or coordinate vendor maintenance of facilities HVAC, perimeter systems and electrical systems including high voltage, generator/transfer switch and UPS. Basic knowledge of plumbing, gas/boiler systems with regards to their function and upkeep.
• Research and identify potential solutions for evolving technology environment. Work directly with vendors to understand current product lineups and obtain quotes to support budgeting for new systems.
• Maintain ownership of multiple projects with a regular emphasis on multitasking and reprioritizing in a very dynamic, high-availability technology environment.
• Assume ownership of a number of Environmental, Health and Safety elements, including Chemical Spill Containment and High Risk Operations, Electrical Safety (Lock Out, Tag Out).
• Collaborate with team across multiple technical disciplines.
NBCUOTS - WVIT
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Minimum of 2 years' experience with facilities grade electrical systems, including high voltage systems, electrical transformers, UPS systems, distribution panels, multiple phase and voltages and low voltage wiring.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights and to return to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage.
Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
Must be willing to work at the station in West Hartford, CT.
Must be a member or be willing to become a member of the IBEW union.
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Must be 18 years or older.
Must have a valid driver's license.
Must have a valid CDL or the ability to obtain one
Ability to stand, walk, bend and lift up to 50 pounds, carrying up to 25 pounds for up to half mile at a time.
Electronics Engineering Degree
Masters in Engineering
Minimum one year hands on work with wiring, cable termination, component installation and repair. Working knowledge of signal flow and processing (baseband->embedder->encoder->statistical multiplex->ASI or IP stream->decode, etc.).
Two years' experience with IT standards such as TCP/IP, OSI layer model, FTP, SNMP, etc.
Two years' expertise with Radio Frequency (RF) technology, including high energy and microwave systems with an emphasis on occupational hazards and safety.
Demonstrated ability to read technical drawings (CAD) and update them as needed.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBC Universal, Inc.
Website : http://www.nbcuniversal.com
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation.