Gathers traffic information for our website, delivers traffic reports on multiple stations in our service area and monitors iHM Tampa on-air status. Job is based in Tampa, Florida.
• Focuses on providing timely and useful information to motorists. Collects information from a variety of resources.
• Announces the latest accidents and traffic hold-ups.
• Reads traffic reports, commercials and public service messages to listeners on the radio.
• Identifies, researches, and creates copy regarding traffic to feature during on-air shift; finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Manages gathered information; keeps all facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current, and tracks any changes.
• In designated Hub stations, gathers and provides coverage for stations in multiple cities/locations.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide traffic updates in a timely fashion.
• Requires flexibility in work schedules.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms and audio production software.
• Knowledgeable of local coverage area geography and roadways and traffic patterns.
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation.
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, “newsroom-like” collaborative environment.
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar.
• Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved.
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment.
• Understanding of police scanners a plus.
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 4 years’ on-air radio experience
• None required
Tampa, FL: 4002 W Gandy Blvd, 33611
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx
Website : http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. was founded in San Antonio, TX with the purchase of a single radio station in 1972. After decades of growing media assets globally, the company has become one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies, operating as CC Media Holdings (OTCBB:CCMO). Clear Channel consists of two main media businesses: Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (NYSE: CCO) and the wholly owned Clear Channel Media and Entertainment. Between these divisions, Clear Channel focuses on providing a spectrum of multi-platform advertising and marketing opportunities for partners and world-class entertainment for listeners and users.