Job ID :
US - Illinois - Chicago|US - Indiana - Indianapolis|US - Michigan - Detroit|US - Michigan - Portage|US - Michigan - Remote / Field|US - Ohio - Cincinnati|US - Ohio - Cleveland
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Our company is an exciting place to work right now. We are making big investments in our digital capabilities and need talented people to help grow our business. As a Visual Design and Communications Specialist, you will have the following areas of responsibility:
Communications Strategy –
* You will own our internal communications plan top to bottom and work cross-functionally to ensure that it meets the strategic needs of the organization. This is everything from sales rankings and birthday announcements to social posts and monthly executive calls.
* You will work directly with leadership to develop, design, and deliver outstanding presentations that facilitate knowledge transfer, sell internally and exude professionalism.
* You will need to provide leadership and subject matter expertise on marketing communications across the department.
Visual Design –
* As in every modern business, our digital presence is vital to our success. We are looking for a great creative designer that can operate in a high-velocity business and produce impactful design.
* You will work cross-functionally in the marketing department to deliver visual assets to support our demand generation efforts. This is everything from our sales enablement content to static and animated social creative assets and video production.
* You are the expert on our brand standards to ensure that we are consistent company-wide in all of our visual communications.
* Effectively facilitate and manage our digital asset library. You need to know where everything is and proactively manage our asset library.
How will you get here?
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Arts and/or Design
* Demonstrated mastery of PowerPoint and demonstrated expertise in Adobe Photoshop, AEM, Illustrator, Keynote or similar.
* Basic – Intermediate web content design.
* Project management experience
* 2-3 years of experience in visual design and/or communications is preferred but not required
* Be prepared to submit a portfolio of your work as part of the interview process.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* You are a visual storyteller and have the design chops to back it up.
* You are able to take input from leadership (written or verbal) combine it with knowledge of the business to produce presentations and assets that achieve our goals in a visually stunning way. The ability to 'translate' words or a conversation to the visual is vital.
* You have to have a good eye for design but also you need to have the technical skills to make your vision real for others. Mastery of PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop are essential. Familiarity with Adobe Experience Master (AEM) and HTML coding experience are a bonus.
* You must have exceptional relationship building skills. You need to have good people skills to ensure that you build a rapport with the team. Collaboration and engagement are key in this role as you are working on multiple projects across the department and organization.
* You are organized, proactive and take attention to detail personally. This role is in the details and you are master of your domain. This team is high energy, passionate about what we do and demand excellence.
* You thrive in dynamic environments and deal well with ambiguity. Our commercial world is fast-paced. This role will require you to excel at the tasks directly in front of you, while also keeping your eye on the big picture.
* You are smart and learn quickly. We do science and medicine here. Prior experience in biotech is not required, but you will need to learn our business and some of the details will be technical. You must have the ability and willingness to get up to speed quickly.
* You are a good teammate. We are better when we have super talented people working together. We each have unique expertise and ideas that support our goals. This role is no different. We like working together and our team dynamic is important to us because it means that we have fun and get stuff done.
The Immunodiagnostics Division (IDD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific develops, manufactures and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,500 employees based in 25 countries worldwide IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance, but may be based anywhere within the United States, most ideally within driving distance of Portage, MI (i.e. Chicago, Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Indianapolis).
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Website : http://corporate.comcast.com
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.