Board Operator, Sports Play-by-play - Part-time
**Position Location**: Washington, D.C.
**Position Type**: Regular - Part-Time
Responsible for all aspects of sports play-by-play game broadcasts including quality control, auditioning audio elements prior to broadcast, playing commercials and promos during breaks, following game format, logging highlights, recording the broadcast on CD as well as communicating with Sports Newsroom, Supervisors and Engineers.
**Duties and Responsibilities**:
- Checks audio equipment for proper functioning prior to going on air, reporting technical problems and equipment malfunctions to engineers.
- Confirms audio feed provided is correct game broadcast scheduled.
- Auditions all audio elements prior to broadcast.
- Maintains knowledge of players and storylines involved in game being broadcast.
- Logs highlights during game broadcast for editing in sports newsroom.
- Communicates breaking sports news to Sports Newsroom.
- Runs audio workstation for various live sports game broadcasts.
- Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards; communicates issues to Sports Supervisor and Engineers.
- Plays all scheduled commercials and promos and understands when to play them on air.
- Follows game format of program content and breaks.
- Maintains a clean work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience producing and running an audio board.
**Requirements and General Skills**:
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Must work weekends and nights.
- Strong knowledge of Sports.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Previous use of Prophet preferred.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/ Disabled