National Public Radio
Supervising Producer, Ask Me Another
Ask Me Another is NPR’s popular pop culture game show. It features nerdy quizzes celebrity guests, and a live audience. One of public radio’s fastest growing shows, Ask Me Another is heard on more than 375 stations and reaches nearly 2 million listeners each week. It’s also a lot of fun. We have a unique opportunity for a smart, funny, interesting person to lead the show. You need to have a critical ear, a funny bone, and a talent for working with a diverse group of creative individuals. This job is based in New York City.
The Supervising Producer reports to the Senior Director of Programming and will be responsible for all elements of show production, including writing, editing, producing, and booking.
• Execute and evolve the vision for the show
• With the team, plan for and execute all live shows
• Run meetings, make assignments and set deadlines
• Establish a structured environment for creative work
• Ensure editorial, production, and technical quality of all products
• Work with other NPR departments including marketing, live events, and sales to ensure success of the program
• Manage outside contributors and maintain relationships with external organizations
• Help promote Ask Me Another to existing and new audiences
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Seven years’ experience as an audio producer
• Minimum three years’ experience generating creative, entertaining, funny content
• Demonstrated experience working with and managing a highly creative and driven team.
• Strong organizational skills. Experience in creating and overseeing successful production flow and systems.
• Expertise in writing and editing for audio production.
• Experience running live events, and turning those events into compelling audio content.
• Strong oral communication and teamwork skills.
• Ability to successfully manage budgets and plan strategically for the growth of a show.
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline pressure.
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system.
• Experience navigating the public radio station community.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.
Contact the Employer
Please tell this employer that you found the listing at EntertainmentCareers.Net
Reference: ECNJOBID-74-120-248-213 in the application.
National Public Radio
Website : http://www.npr.org
A thriving media organization at the forefront of digital innovation, NPR creates and distributes award-winning news, information, and music programming to a network of 975 independent stations. Through them, NPR programming reaches 26 million listeners every week.