Assistant Program Director/On-Air Talent
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Shadows and supports Program Director in all aspects of radio station’s on air experience including: talent, content, tone, programming, production, sound & theme, and online presence.
Prior Experience as a Assistant Program Director is preferred!!
TO BE CONSIDERED: after applying online here, you
provide a aircheck and any social media, video or editing skills to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Assists the Director by coordinating with Programming and Sales to plan and execute marketing, promotions, events, and image campaigns.
• Monitors programming activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, iHeartMedia policy and applicable federal, state and local laws.
• Informs Program Director of any anomalies or deficiencies that may warrant correction or resolution.
• Coordinates reviews and approvals for commercial and paid programming content.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with producers, artists’ managers, composers and other industry contacts.
• Assists in preparation and management of department’s budget by overseeing expenditures and maintaining invoice records and related documentation.
• Adequately prepares for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
• Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Works an approved and previously agreed upon air shift.
• Keeps up-to-date with relevant material appropriate for the station.
• Searches out and shares all possible web content with Program Director and Online Content Director of the given station.
• Participates in regular listening/air check sessions for critique with the Program Director.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at paid, and non-paid, station events.
• Is an ambassador for radio station when out in public; maintains a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
• May work flexible hours and weekends and be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
• May monitor record label calls, schedule music, and check social media to ensure music remains consistent with station’s brand, and may collaborate with production to provide musical direction and options that meet editorial scope.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms
• Knowledge of Diary data analysis, RCS products including GSelector and NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
• Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations; knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations
• Knowledge and appreciation of diverse music genres
• Demonstrated ability to be engaging on the air and to work across various formats; is upbeat, informative and entertaining, and can relate to station’s audience
• High degree of planning and organizing skills; can multi task and meet specific deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
• Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar; can adjust communications style based on audience needs
• Minimum 3 years’ on-air radio experience, promotions and marketing
• Air demo required
• Imaging production experience a plus; samples required
• 4-year college degree in Telecommunications, Marketing or a related field preferred
• Valid driver’s license
Macon, GA: 7080 Industrial Highway, 31216
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. was founded in San Antonio, TX with the purchase of a single radio station in 1972. After decades of growing media assets globally, the company has become one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies, operating as CC Media Holdings (OTCBB:CCMO). Clear Channel consists of two main media businesses: Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (NYSE: CCO) and the wholly owned Clear Channel Media and Entertainment. Between these divisions, Clear Channel focuses on providing a spectrum of multi-platform advertising and marketing opportunities for partners and world-class entertainment for listeners and users.