See more jobs like this
Responsible for operating the control board, audio recording, and production equipment during radio broadcasts. Also regulates the timing of programs, making sure logged commercials, promotions, sweepers and any other programming elements essential to operations air as scheduled.
* Operate the control board
* Read and follow program logs
* Review and critique information content daily
* Screen listener phone calls.
* Run live show remotes.
* Edit live spots
* Take transmitter readings and ready the next day's logs.
* Assist station departments with timing and scheduling of on air elements.
* Other duties as assigned by manager.
* High School degree required
* Working knowledge and understanding of radio required.
* Prior radio or television experience preferred.
* Radio control board experience preferred.
* Experience with digital production and all-inclusive on-air computer systems preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* Strong problem solving abilities.
* Ability to operate assigned technical equipment.
* Knowledge of basic production.
* High work ethics and standards.
* Ability to operate studio equipment.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Computer proficiency.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including Pickler & Ben, runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, Give light and the people will find their own way.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company. SDL2017
Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
The E.W. Scripps Company
The E.W. Scripps Company
7/10/2018 3:08:48 PM