TitleBroadcast Engineer (Internal AZPM Title: Production Engineer)
DepartmentTechnical Services (3103)
Arizona Public Media (AZPM) is recruiting to fill an entry-mid level position in its Broadcast Engineering Division. Under the direction and supervision of the Chief Engineer, the Production Engineer will operate air, perform maintenance on digital and analog broadcast production equipment and on satellite receiver systems, provide IT support on broadcast system hardware and software, engineer remote broadcasts, and provide technical support for audio and video streaming platforms.
AZPM is an editorially independent, member-supported, non-profit media organization serving Southern Arizona, and is provided as a community service of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (UA). AZPM utilizes advanced digital transmission technology to deliver three channels of public television, three channels of radio, online, and educational outreach services to audiences in all or portions of eleven Arizona Counties. AZPM is committed to being a source of information that promotes thoughtful conversation and community collaboration by bringing people and ideas together.
AZPM receives a significant amount of support from viewers and listeners, the University, grant makers, and corporate supporters. Regardless of job capacity, each AZPM employee is obligated to present a responsive, professional, and helpful business image to all. As a trusted media organization that provides impartial coverage on a variety of topics, all AZPM employees are required to support its Editorial Standards and Code of Ethics policies, both of which are available for review at ********.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. has been listed by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. and relocation services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine and/or emergency electronic maintenance on digital and analog equipment in AZPMs broadcast studios and on location.
- Provide IT support on broadcast systems hardware and software.
- Assist with routine and/or emergency electronic and mechanical maintenance on satellite receiver systems.
- Provide technical support for audio and video streaming platforms.
- Engineer remote broadcasts; maintain remote kits and remote equipment.
- Assist with proper operation, maintenance, and repairs of broadcast microwave STL systems, AM/FM/UHF-TV broadcast transmitters and translators.
- Continually acquire and develop knowledge and understanding of all AZPM audio and video paths, network structure, and on-air systems (Wheatnet, Audio Vault, PMM automation, etc.), and IT networks.
- Prepare and maintain various technical records and engineering logs pertaining to broadcast equipment performance and discrepancies according to regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of broadcast rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of maintenance, usage, and design of broadcast equipment for radio, tv, and broadcast IT systems hardware and software.
- Skill in responding to operational/technical equipment problems.
- Skill in the repair of digital and computer systems.
- Ability to effectively and diplomatically communicate orally and in writing.
Please see Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications below.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Associates degree in Electronics, Broadcasting or related field AND two years of experience in broadcast engineering which includes equipment repair and installation; OR, four years of experience in broadcast engineering which includes equipment repair and installation; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Full Time/Part TimeFull Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week40
Job CategoryAdministrative and Professional
Benefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits
Posted Rate of PayDOE
Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Posting Detail Information
Number of VacanciesOne
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Limited to Current UA EmployeesNo
Review Start Date08/06/2018
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Quick Link for Internal*******************************************
At **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we encourage diverse candidates to apply, including people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.