iHeartMedia/Des Moines has an immediate opening for a Weekday Board Operator at Iowa's most important radio station, WHO-AM.
We’re looking for a talented person who will embrace our tools and training to grow their professional talents and learn how to entertain and engage our audiences.
• Operate audio console and our digital on-air system for The Big Show, our weekday farm and agriculture program, as well as other local and network shows, as assigned.
• Creation of engaging digital and social media content for our target audiences.
• Also working for studio, network, and remote programming as assigned.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Supports off-air audio and digital production (Adobe Audition), programs on-air computer system (NexGEN).
• Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
• Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports and may record these for playback into automation equipment.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
• A strong interest or knowledge in farm or agriculture is a plus!
• Ability to learn operation of the NexGEN digital on-air system, Wheatstone audio console, and Adobe Audition for audio editing
• Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight time frames and multiple demands
• Must have a passion for flawless execution
• Works well in a team environment
• While the primary shift is weekdays, 11am to 4pm, this position does require working our weekend overnight shift at least once per month
• 6 months in a related role and/or technical training is preferred, but is not required.
Des Moines, IA: 2141 Grand Ave, 50312
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at **** to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at **** to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
**** at ****