Western Iowa Technical Community College - Sioux City, IA
Announcer for KWIT/KOJI Siouxland Public Media
About the Position:
Perform on-air radio announcing duties and provide technical support in music program selections.
All candidates are required to submit an audition tape with application materials.
* Associate's degree in related field.
* On-air radio experience.
* Knowledge of public radio, jazz and classical music.
*Bilingual proficiency a plus.
* Perform general on-air duties during air shifts.
* Assemble jazz and classical music selections for programming according to schedules.
* Use excellent communication and human relations skills.
* File music received and update library records.
* Answer telephone console, directs callers and provides information.
* Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
This is a grade 2, limited part-time position working 5 hours per week on Saturdays from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hourly wage of $13.44. Benefits include retirement.
Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. A completed application will include 1) completed WITCC Application for Employment form; 2) current resume, and 3) letter stating qualifications. All candidates are required to submit an audition tape with application materials.
An application form may be requested from the Human Resources office or through the www.witcc.edu/jobs web page. Applications should be completed and returned to: