WMYX Afternoon Host
WMYX Afternoon Host
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI, US
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12 in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at ****Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom Milwaukee's 99.1 The Mix has a rare opening for a full-time afternoon host.
The ideal candidate is an outgoing, enthusiastic and a creative thinker, ready and capable of relating to today’s 25-54 year old female. Must be great at creating compelling content on a daily basis for on-air, on-line, social media and on-site appearances. If you’re a strong air talent who can do both a highly compelling show and create amazing connections with your audience on and off the air, we want to hear from you!
• Establishes relationship with listeners by providing entertainment consistent with targeted demographic audience.
• Interviews guests, moderates debates, converses with callers, and hosts live events.
• Prepares for an air shift using creativity, imagination in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
• Maintains a website personality page.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at paid and non-paid station events;
• Voice over and production of paid and non-paid spots required to run on the station.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions.
• Proficient in social networking
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems;
• Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
• Socially informed and perceptive;
• Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
• Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination
• Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
• Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
• 3 years of on-air radio experience required
• Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
Qualified applicants should apply at Entercom.com
It is the continuing policy of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Corp. to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or physical or mental disability, veteran or disabled veteran status, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. We solicit assistance on these openings and future openings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Jobs