Creates program content and manages the whole production process for both live and recorded radio programs
Are you ready to lead an established local morning show to new levels of success?
Iowa’s legendary news/talk station, WHO-AM, has an immediate opening for a full-time Producer for “Van and Bonnie in the Morning”.
Are you a constant source of great ideas for stories and topics that will entertain and engage a 25-54 year old listener?
Are you famous for running a tight board while coordinating multiple sources and talents?
• Leads in the planning, production, and execution of a live daily morning show, which includes news, talk, sports, traffic, and feature productions.
• Generates original ideas for content that informs, entertains, and engages our target audience.
• Identifies suitable ideas from others, helps shape them to better resonate with our target
• Researches information, obtains materials and assists with contacting and scheduling guests.
• Gives direction to presenters, content providers, assistants and other crew members.
• Operation of audio console, recording of audio elements, and phone screening.
• Posts content to website and social media, monitors emails and handles inquiries and responses related to shows.
• Works in collaboration with presenters, performers or other program contributors, in order to perform quality assurance to meet established formats, production standards, rules and regulations.
• Uses various broadcasting technologies such as soundboards and editing/production software.
• Schedules and monitors the radio stream during live programs.
• Uploads or edits audio for use in podcasts and archives.
• Ability to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to
our target audience
• Excellent writing and storytelling skills; ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms
• Knowledgeable of the target audience, radio market, station/program styles, audience demographics
• Knows how to use a variety of recording equipment and to operate different radio studios
• Excellent verbal communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy and patience
• Ability to build rapport and draw information from people
• Demonstrates leadership by coaching and develop others
• Has confidence and tenacity to pursue information, overcome obstacles and pitch ideas to senior colleagues
• Stress tolerance: ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, and to react quickly to changes
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, multi task and meet tight deadlines
• Full knowledge of the law, rules and industry regulations around radio production; knows when it is necessary, and how to acquire, relevant clearances and licenses
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Proficient in Adobe Audition or comparable digital audio editing software
• 2 years’ experience in radio, with experience as Board Operator, Producer and/or Assistant for live shows preferred.
• A 4-year college degree is preferred, preferably in Communications, Radio or Media Production, but relevant work experience is a suitable alternative
• None required
Des Moines, IA: 2141 Grand Ave, 50312
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx
Website : http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. was founded in San Antonio, TX with the purchase of a single radio station in 1972. After decades of growing media assets globally, the company has become one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies, operating as CC Media Holdings (OTCBB:CCMO). Clear Channel consists of two main media businesses: Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (NYSE: CCO) and the wholly owned Clear Channel Media and Entertainment. Between these divisions, Clear Channel focuses on providing a spectrum of multi-platform advertising and marketing opportunities for partners and world-class entertainment for listeners and users.